We're looking for an ambitious and capable front-end developer to join our small (but growing) team in Cardiff.
We're building apps for healthcare, but not as you know it. We
- Build modern web applications using the best tools (Elm, Github, CircleCI)
- Care about good design
- Are not afraid to disrupt the Way things have always been done™
- Think about data a lot – specifically what we can learn from it
- Don't customise our code for every hospital and trust
- Believe a small team can do a lot
Day to day you'll be collaborating with a designer and full-stack developer to figure out how to solve user's problems in a way that will delight them, then you might prototype a few ideas in code really quickly and throw away most of it, but when we find a great solution we'll build it right. We want you to be proud of the code you've written.
We believe in testing with users and iterating, not solving problems in an ivory tower, so you'll get to spend time in hospitals talking to doctors, nurses, and patients, and observing how they use your software. You'll come back to the office and marvel at how naive you once were.
We're an agile team. This means we don't pretend to know all the answers, we retrospect, and keep iterating to make things better. It doesn't mean we're dogmatic and run out of time to do any real work because we're too busy jumping on the latest fad.
We're using Elm and GraphQL, but don't worry if you haven't used these tools before; they're fun to learn!
- Above all we want you to love solving problems & making things
- Experience with more than one language or frontend framework
- Experience writing HTML & CSS (/SASS)
- Experience with unit testing and/or other automated testing tools
Nice to haves:
- Experience with Elm or another functional programming language
- An interest in programming beyond the web
- We have a lot of data so if you like playing with data that's a plus – could be data vis, statistical analysis, or even ML
- Experience working in a medical context or with medical data
- Experience working with APIs
What we’re offering
This will initially be a 12 month contract, starting ASAP. You’ll have a supportive and ambitious team, a competitive day rate and the opportunity to make a positive impact on the health of the population!
Are you interested in supporting your medical education or training with experience in a health technology startup? Are you interested in translating research evidence into reality? Do you see the opportunities for using data to support clinical decisions?
Flexible internships are available at Concentric, to support the clinical and technical teams to further develop the Concentric ontology and undertake research in supporting shared decisions with technology.