We’re looking for an ambitious developer to join our small but growing team in Cardiff, initially as an 8 week, paid, summer internship role. We’re building apps for healthcare, but not as you know it. We:
- Build modern web applications using the best tools (Elm, Go, Ruby, Github)
- Care about good design
- Think about data a lot – specifically what we can learn from it
- Believe a small team can do a lot
At Concentric we care about healthcare decisions and believe that the best decisions are shared decisions - with both patients and clinicians. We’re excited to use personalised outcomes to guide decisions and are passionate about great experiences for all our users. Our current product is a web application used by clinicians and patients, in hospitals, to guide decisions about surgical procedures.
Day to day you’ll be collaborating with our multidisciplinary team of developers, a designer, and clinicians to figure out how to solve user’s problems in a way that will delight them. We want you to be proud of the code you’ve written. We believe in testing with users and iterating, so you’ll get to spend time in hospitals talking to doctors, nurses, and patients, and observing how they use your software. We’re using Elm and GraphQL, but don’t worry if you haven’t used these tools before; they’re fun to learn!
- Above all we want you to love solving problems & making things
- Experience writing HTML & CSS (/SASS)
- Have completed at least 2 years of a relevant degree
Nice to haves:
- An interest in programming beyond the web
- We have a lot of data so if you like playing with data that’s a plus – could be data vis, statistical analysis, or even ML
What we’re offering
This will initially be an 8 week full-time contract paid at £8.75 per hour. We’re a growing team, so if we’re impressed and you love being part of the team, there will be the opportunity to continue in a graduate role. You’ll have a supportive and ambitious team around you and the opportunity to make a positive impact on the health of the population!