The NHSx Adoption Fund is a fund to support innovation that is evidence-based, DTAC compliant, and has the potential for rapid, widespread roll-out across the NHS.
In this first round of awards, funding was made available for innovations in perioperative care - with a particular focus on digital consent and digital pre-operative assessment applications. Bids from six integrated care systems (ICS’s) were successful:
- Buckinghamshire, Oxfordshire and Berkshire West Integrated Care System to introduce a perioperative pathway consisting of Concentric, Ufonia, PRO-MAPP and DaytoDay
- Cheshire and Merseyside Health and Care Partnership to introduce C2-Ai and Sapien Health
- Humber Coast and Vale ICS to expand their use of Patients Know Best
- Gloucestershire CCG to digitise pre-op assessment pathways via their Allscripts patient record
- South West London Clinical Commissioning Group to introduce digital consent (supplier not yet announced) alongside the Cerner/Zesty patient portal
- Leicester, Leicestershire and Rutland STP to introduce digital consent and pre-operative assessment to support shared decision making and remote pre-operative pathways (suppliers not yet announced)
We are delighted to be involved in the work with the Buckinghamshire, Oxfordshire and Berkshire West Integrated Care System, building on our recent work in the area whilst on the Oxford University Hospital/The Hill digital health accelerator.
This ambitious bid, being co-ordinated by the Oxford AHSN, is an exciting one to be a part of, bringing together leading technologies not only from the UK but globally to re-imagine a perioperative pathway that transforms both the experience and outcomes of surgical patient pathways.
Full details of each award can be read on the NHSx website.